One of the most frequent questions we receive at the library is how to use the Find It button. We have developed a short video that explains what Find It does and does not do, how it works and its three main uses. A basic explanation of Find It is included below; if you would like a more thorough version, check out the video tutorial.
Important Qualities of Find It
- Automatically checks from the databases to see if an online access point is available to an article in your library.
- Offers to check the library catalog for a print copy of the journal.
- Simplifies Interlibrary Loan requests by filling in the article information for you.
- Does not ever link to directly to the full text of an article, rather it shows you places where you can access the full text.
- Does not show up in full text databases. Using the Find It Button